Into The Shadows — Game Session — 010

Game summary for December 3, 2019, Into The Shadows campaign, Shadowrun 5th Edition, for Phoenix Gaming Club. Session included: Ballyhoo (Human Augmenter played by Andrew Renfrow), Clutch (Human Transport Rigger played by Peyton Harmon), Dell (Human Technomancer played by Shane Bradley), Hollywood (Human Combat Medic played by Chris Harmon), and Octane (Elf Razor played by Casey Scruggs). Game Master for this session was Charles Plemons.

The team piled into the elevator and headed toward floor 10 as Dell tried to hack the elevator and obscure where they were going.  In the process he triggered some Marker IC, but it suffered a glitch and crashed.  The doors opened, and the team poured out into the hallway looking for the right room.  Around a corner were two Stoddard Security guards who quickly drew firearms. 

Octane charged around the corner swinging a monofilament chainsaw!  The guards opened fire as Ballyhoo rounded the corner and started hurling spells.  Dell started trying to hack his way through the server door security while Clutch sent a drone around to engage the guards.  Ballyhoo blasted one guard to death with his magic, and Clutch sent another running in a bloody retreat after a full-auto burst from his drone’s assault rifle.  Meanwhile, Dell was unable to open the door, but Hollywood was able to by-pass the maglock with a passkey.  Inside stood two more guards.  Hollywood tried to con his way past them, but the fact he was wearing a mask made him a bit suspect.  They tried to taser him.  Dell ran into the room and got blasted with tasers!  Hollywood fired burst after burst of stick-n-shock rounds as the rest of the team converged, and he rendered one unconscious.  Octane moved in and drew his knife.  He and the other guard went toe-to-toe, in a quick and epic exchange.  The knife flashed once.  Twice.  Blood flowed.  The well-trained guard threw hands, but Octane was far more skillful.  He blocked the blows and drove the blade into the man’s temple, ending the fight.  Dell moved to the host and got a mark, preparing to try and get the paydata! 

One single comment

1. Octane says:

Dell, our technomancer, goes full virtual to hack the elevator and ensure the security team cannot see where we are going. However, he alerts the patrol ICE of his presence. Unaware, we all pack into the elevator and head for floor 10.
    Within a few seconds, the elevator doors open up. I step out and look down the corridors. I walk down one side of the hallway and see the room labels (10-10 and 10-11). In the meantime, Dell exits the matrix and informs the group that she was marked by the patrol ICE but defeated the marker ICE.
    Hollywood also exits the elevator and locates 10-8, which we presume is server room 8.
    Ballyhoo follows Hollywood and keeps going further down the corridor and around the corner. A couple of guards spot him and order him to stop.
    Clutch walks out of the elevator and commands his drone to move down the corridor and around the corner.
    Hearing the guards, I turn around and head toward Ballyhoo and them, preparing my filament chainsaw along the way.
    Dell, still in the elevator, re-enters the matrix, this time in augmented reality, and begins working on the keypad next to 10-8.
    Hollywood uses the keycard Ares gave us on the door. It opens without any hacking. Inside is a couple of guards along with rows of servers. He attempts to convince them that he is a medic, called to the room. They do not believe him and tell him to get on the ground.
    Ballyhoo casts a stunball on one of the guards down the hallway. He’s hurt, but Ballyhoo got roughed up a little bit, too.
    The injured guard draws down on me and fires, but I’m able to dodge out of the way.
    The uninsured guard also draws on and fires at me. He hits and stuns me some. He fires again but misses.
    I run up to the injured guard and swing the monofilament chainsaw at him, but he dodges.
    I swing with the chainsaw again. And miss again.
    Meanwhile, Hollywood drops the medic shtick and begins shooting his pistol with stick-n-shock ammo at the nearest guard in the server room, injuring him.
    Dell runs into the server room.
    Ballyhoo throws another stunball at the injured guard, killing him.
    Clutch VRs into the drone and opens fire with its AK-97 on the remaining guard. It lights him up, but he is still breathing.
    In the server room, the guard from the back of the room moves up and tries to taze Dell, but is ineffective. The other guard, however, stuns her, nearly incapacitating her.
    The hallway guard calls for backup and runs out of sight.
    Knowing that more guards will soon be there, I head back to the server room entrance.
    Hollywood continues to shoot the nearest server-room guard.
    Ballyhoo moves into the server room and casts another stunball.
    I draw my knives and go to stab the uninjured server guard, stunning him a little.
    I keep stabbing him, drawing blood this time.
    Hollywood fires again at his target, knocking him out.
    Ballyhoo then stunballs the guard I was stabbing, hurting him some more, as well as himself.
    Dell makes her way to the terminal in the server room, goes into VR mode and begins hacking.
    Clutch exits the drone and enters the server room.
    The guard drops his weapon and starts throwing punches at me, but I’m able to block. In retaliation, I stab him thusly, in his head, killing him.