Into The Shadows — Game Session — 017

Game summary for February 18, 2020, Into The Shadows campaign, Shadowrun 5th Edition, for Phoenix Gaming Club. Session included: Clutch (Human Transport Rigger played by Peyton Harmon), Dell (Human Technomancer played by Shane Bradley), Hollywood (Human Combat Medic played by Chris Harmon), and Octane (Elf Razor played by Casey Scruggs). Game Master for this session was Charles Plemons.

The team nursed their wounds as best they could while Dell scouted the area with drones.  He noticed a Neo-Tribal fleeing into the trees.  An owl landed beside him and shapeshifted into a human.  Both got on mountain bikes and took off away from Kaur’s Farm.  Dell tracked them with the drone to a large greenhouse.  The team took this information and talked to Singh, and they determined this was the remnants of the cult of the Children of the Naked Dawn from the Plastic Jungle.

Hollywood wanted to consult Donnie Hua as well, but they learned he was still unconscious despite some of the healing the team had provided him.  This made them curious, so Hollywood went in and examined him and looked through a few of his things.  He found their employee is likely addicted to a drug called long haul, which keeps you awake long periods followed by huge crashes. 

The group debated a while and decided to take the fight to the Plastic Jungle.  They sallied forth and came in guns blazing.  They took down the two guards at the back entrance, and then engaged a trio of warriors and a shaman!  The spellcaster hurled acid at them, but he was no match to the hail of lead coming at him from the team.  In a few moments, the group was victorious, if not a little beat up. 

One single comment

1. Octane says:

After regrouping, Dell heals Hollywood and mine’s physical damage. Hollywood wakes up and clears off some of my stun, allowing me to wake.
    Hollywood continues healing both himself and me until we are fully recovered.
    Dell’s drone continue to scan the grounds. It picks up the backup group of neo-tribal warriors who get on their mountain bikes and head out. She also noticed that at least one of them is a shapeshifter, as it was an owl that turned human just before climbing onto the bike.
    Dell has the drones follow them. When they get to their campsite at the plastic jungle, they report that the attack did not go as planned and that ”the daughter” will be upset.
    We tell Singh and show him the feed from the drones. He recognizes them as members of the cult “Children of the Naked Dawn”. They’ve traded with Singh’s group before.
    Singh doesn’t have much info on them, so Dell does some digging. An associate of her’s finds some old articles and police reports stating they had been arrested for dealing drugs but vowed to restructure and spread their message of global peace and unity.
    Meanwhile, Hollywood checks on Donnie, who has been unconscious for quite a few hours now, despite being healed earlier in the day. While looking him over, Hollywood discovers needle tracks and locates his supply of Longhaul, a drug that allows you to stay awake for extended periods of time. It appears that he has finally crashed, however, and will have to continue to rest.
    The party hops onto the dead attackers’ bikes that were left behind and head to the plastic jungle to finish them off.
    When we get there, before they spot us, I run in the back entrance and stab one of the two guards.
    Clutch’s drone then moves in full-auto’s the other guard, blasting him.
    The guard I attack is still standing and shoots me, but only stuns me a little. I then stab him again with my other knife and take him out.
    As we move inside the greenhouse, 4 more neotribal warriors appear, including the one that had shapeshifted.
    I run up and stab one of them, hurting him severly. Unfortunately, that leaves me open to an attack from one of the others. He shoots me once. It doesn’t get past my armor, but hurts like hell.
    The third neotribal warrior unloads at Dell, but misses with every bullet.
    Hollywood runs in and fires at the one I stabbed, but the shots go wide.
    The shapeshifter moves up and casts an acid spell at Hollywood.
    Clutch’s drone rips through the shapeshifter and takes him out.
    Dell takes one out, while Hollywood finishes off the one I stabbed as well as the last one standing.