Marine Corps, Iraq

Received the following email:

Hello and greetings from the Middle East. I wanted to send you a quick email before we go out on a patrol to say thank you for the care package and support. My boys and I liked everything that you sent, the Pringles were great. It is really nice to know that there are people that still support us and what we are doing out here. I cannot listen to or watch the news because the reporting is so lop-sided.

I noticed that you are an MMA fan. When I get home in a couple of months I am going to go train for two months my first fight. I am way out of shape to step into a ring right now and fight… I would be gassed in a couple of minutes. I spar with my friends out here and recently took down the “BigBoy” out here with a heel hook. He Is 6’2″ about 235 and I am 5’5″ and 165 lbs. I have studied jiu-jitsu for about 3 years and I am okay at it, but I am a sneaky little scrapper. Snap, Tap, or Nap.

I think it is great that you are a father too. I miss my kids (1 Girl, 1 Boy) I know how you feel, my daughter has Hi-Functioning Autism and I love her to death. She just has quirky moments at times and people don’t understand. So I understand fully when it comes to hitting those milestones and appreciating them.

Have got to run and prepare my gear, and make sure the young-uns do as well.

Thank You and God Bless you and your family,

—–
Marine Corps