Army, Iraq

Received the following email:

Dear Mr. Plemons,

I’d like to personally thank you for your package that you sent to us. The office supplies will be used swiftly by my medics. Also appreciate the toiletries and bowls. The Soldiers and I do not get to the dining facility very often, because it is about a 20 minute walk in the heat and we usually do not get off duty from work until about 1800 hours. Most will work out for at least an hour after that and then call their wives and children. So, having food around in our barracks is very helpful…and the bowls you provided will be used.

My unit and I are assigned in Baghdad with a very challenging and unique mission, which I cannot discuss, but know that we really appreciate all of the support from our brothers and sisters back in the U.S. We know that the press cannot override the reality of what we are doing. God is with us and will protect us from harm as we complete the mission he has assigned each of us, whether here or back home. Again, we’d like to thank you for your generosity and kindness shown to us.

Respectfully,

—–
U.S. Army