Carrion Crown Adventure Path – Game Session – 020

Game summary for July 27, 2013, Carrion Crown Adventure Path campaign, Trial of the Beast adventure; PCs included Amras Amandill (half-elf inquisitor), Dinendal Ironbow (elf ranger), Gnok Thatek (dwarf monk), Irnadette Steelsoul (elan psion), and Stoella Carter (human evoker), accompanied by NPC companion Thorkatla Foamflagon (dwarf cleric).

The team stepped into the night and continued exploring the village seeking more of the wraith spawn.  They didn’t take long in discovering one in another home.  A vicious fight ensued with the wraith being vanquished.  The team then spotted another down a side path and pursued only to discover it was leading them into unsprung bear traps!  Proceeding more cautiously, they continued on and tracked down several more unquiet spirits.

With four wraith spawn slain, the group spotted a pair darting up a hill outside the village heading toward a tall solitary figure in the distance.  They raced after in pursuit, and Gnok stepped into another bear trap!  He soon escaped, and Amras healed him with magic.  They then continued more carefully up the hill.  Stoella used flaming sphere to attack one of the wraith spawn but couldn’t seem to harm it.  Dinendal ran ahead and noticed the solitary figure was a mere scarecrow!  The wraiths surged forward and a tough battle followed.  The party suffered at the hands of the wraiths but eventually prevailed.  As the second fell, a loud droning buzzing filled the air as Brother Swarm emerged from beneath the hill.  The fearsome master wraith tore into the party with a ravenous hunger and undying hatred.  It stole life from several as it touched them, but Thorkatla proved too weak and died at the hands of the creature moments before the party ended its unlife.

The party discovered the bodies of the missing children beneath the hill and put them with Thorkatla before investigating the rest of the town.  As they returned to the corpses, they caught a glimpse of another wraith, Thorkatla, fleeing into the night!  Unable to catch her, the party returned to town with the evidence they gathered.  They met with the Barrister and made a plan for the following day.

The team rested and recovered spells and then went to the courthouse to present new evidence.  They presented several very good arguments, and many in the ground seemed agitated by the proof.  On the streets, murmurs were around of people angry that the Beast might actually go free.  The Barrister asked the party to come back early that evening in case some upstarts made an attempt on the Beast’s life.  In the meantime, they found a man named Karl, the sole survivor of the Karb Isle Sanctuary fire and interviewed him.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.